It's not JUST about what I had for breakfast...

Friday, August 13, 2010

Back In The Trenches

No, not work, but finding the remains of the 2006 MTRP Cache War. I headed out to Santee in the foggy morning. Possibly one of the last foggy mornings of the summer. I had to park in the dirt parking lot because the main gate was not open yet. So I had to walk an extra mile. Poor me!

I saw a guy walking FIVE Husky dogs. He needs a wagon to hitch them to!

I headed up Oak Canyon and located the caches there. Then I thought about it, and decided to go for "Y'all Gonna Die". Sounded ominous! It was at the top of the hill at the bend in a VERY steep powerline road. I have not idea how the power company vehicles get up there. Maybe they have bulldozers. I took three pictures while signing the cache log, and resting.

Looking to the north-west, we see the Highway 52 bridge over Oak Canyon. Those rocks were a LOT more impressive when I was down there in the canyon!

2010JAugust13 Oak Canyon 001

To the north we see power towers. I need to be over there at those towers, but first I have to descend THIS hill and climb THAT hill! Some Guy mentioned they left their walking stick at a geocache up there, and I want to find it!

2010JAugust13 Oak Canyon 003

And looking to the east we see the grassland of MTRP, and possibly Santee in the distance. I have to descend my hill and go up that road to get to those towers. I am parked on that very straight road to the right. Just so you know!

2010JAugust13 Oak Canyon 002

Well, when I got to that cache-in-question there was no walking stick, and I was VERY disappointed. I really thought I could get it, as no one else had logged that cache. But, it turned out someone HAD logged it, two days ago! I was too late!

I still had four more caches to look for, so trudged up the hills and down, all the way to the 52 and back, then up another canyon for the last cache. And I found--The stick! Can you spot it? No, it's NOT that wooden one, that's mine. HINT: It is blue.

2010JAugust13 Oak Canyon 007

Oh, and be very quiet, there is a bird sitting in the bush...

After that I was so full of joy that I was not even very disappointed at my SECOND shot TODAY at not-finding that Gnarly oak cache.

For my parting shot at MTRP I placed this Jack In The Box antenna bobber (found on the side of the road while walking) in a like-looking crevice.

2010JAugust13 Oak Canyon 008


I found nine caches today, and walked 5.38 miles.

No comments:

Search This Blog

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers