It's not JUST about what I had for breakfast...

Friday, July 02, 2010

Friday Finally

A whole week of vacation, and what has been accomplished?

Not much!

I went clomping around in Rancho Mission Canyon Park yesterday. The day before that, I didn't even know where that was! Now I am fairly intimate with every bug and pricker bush in the place. I found several geocaches, didn't find a couple more, and have to go back a-gain for other I was JUST TOO TIRED to look for.

I was listening to the radio this morning (while reading Tanner's Tiger, by Lawrence Block). KPBS radio, it was. Sheryl Oring was telling about her art project to have people write postcards to President Obama. She dresses up in a retro 60s outfit and types out their missives on an old typewriter. She said it didn't have a key for the exclamation point, so she had to write it in by hand. Well, this old fart still remembers how to make that symbol. You type a period, backspace, then type an apostrophe. Try THAT on your fancy computer!

Later, dudes.

No comments:

Search This Blog

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers