It's not JUST about what I had for breakfast...

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Let me get this out of my system. A library-related wedding invitation.

I don't usually hot-link to images, but I'm sure the band-width load by my MANY readers will not be noticed.

Last Sunday we went to the Center Of The World. It was closed. It was REALLY HOT, too! One hundred and six degrees hot. We found one REALLY neat geocache, several average ones (just for the numbers), and a spa pool (empty) sitting in the middle of the desert.

The Center Of The World, in its glory. Over there. In the pyramid.

2010June27 Center Of The World 003

Linkies:
Here am I in what I learned is a Salt Ceder tree. It was like being in a ceder forest in there, rather than the desert. Except it was HOT. Did I mention the HOT??

2010June27 Center Of The World 010

We were in the rest stop at Grays Wells, which is rather near the border between Mexico and the United States, when we spotted some sort of illegal person running across the freeway. Where's the Border Patrol when you need them?

2010June27 Center Of The World 012

We also stopped at a very cool place where your car rolls uphill. There IS magic in the world! And a geocache there!

It was great to get back to the coast, too, where it wasn't so HOT!

3 comments:

Deanne said...

Never heard of the "Center Of The World". Too bad it was closed. I have heard about the place where your car rolls uphill. You probably told me about it! Interesting pic with the guy running with the boogie board. You would think that would be a bit cumbersome.

Anonymous said...

I didn't know there are any antigravity places in San Diego, how long have you known about this and why didnt you tell me? Where is rancho canyon park, by the way!
Why didnt we go to the center of the world when I was there! h

hmph!

The Squeaky Cyclist said...

You were always working or crashing cars or something. I planned the cache search in March. I remember it being mentioned around then. I guess youse guys just forgot. Well, next time, and hopefully your sweetie-pie will be there, too!

Search This Blog

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers