It's not JUST about what I had for breakfast...

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Geocaching Saturday

I went out to the West Hills of Santee again, just to pick up those four caches I missed last week. This time, when I saw a deer, I was able to get the camera up and running just before he (she?) disappeared.

2010June19 Santee hills 002

There was the occasional sunflower along the trail, but I did not notice them until a big clump finally got my attention. Too busy looking for snakes!

2010June19 Santee hills 001

Speaking of snakes, I saw two today, but they were not rattlesnakes. One was long and skinny, the diameter of a pencil. And very fast!

I thought I might look for the pen I lost last weekend, so I headed over to a cache I had already found. I had to completely re-find it, as I had quite forgotten where it was. All them bushes look alike! I did not find my pen, though. I really liked that pen!

On the way back to the car from that fiasco, I saw a coyote across the canyon.

2010June19 Santee hills 006

Yeah for telephoto!

I wore the gaiters the whole time, and they worked pretty good. Not too many stickers in the socks!

The last (fifth) cache of the morning was over off of Cuyamaca in Santee. I couldn't find it the last time, but someone found it recently, so I went to take a look. And there it was, with its beady little red eyes. I'm SURE it was not there the last time. A whole Girl Scout troop/patrol had signed the log before me, too. Maybe they have better eyes than me. Maybe!

2 comments:

Deanne said...

Should I call you Marlin Perkins? Wow--you really saw a lot of wildlife today! Loved the sunflowers too!

Anonymous said...

Wow, a coyote in daylight!

Also, if you cropped the deer picture it looks like one I saw in National Geographic. a long time ago...

Search This Blog

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers