It's not JUST about what I had for breakfast...

Sunday, June 13, 2010

I went clomping around the hills north of Santee yesterday morning. It was nice and cool, until I started up the hills. Then it got warm real fast!

I put on my blue gaiters after I got a few weed-seeds stuck in my shoes. They are too small, so they kept riding up. But they did keep a lot of seeds and debris out of the shoe.

2010June12 boots RESIZED 001

You can see there are very few weeds above the gaiter line.

I found eight geocaches. Eventually. I found it helps to put the correct co-ordinates into the GPSr. the difference between a one and a zero, in the wrong spot, could be over five hundred feet. Makes it a lot more difficult!

I saw a big spot of flattened weeds, about twenty feet in diameter. I figured it must be a Santee crop circle, but later I spotted two deer, after they spotted me, hopping away. I bet THEY made it!

Sadly, my camera batteries were dead. Which is an odd expression, is it not?

I saw a hawk, too. And some bunnies!

And that is about it!

1 comment:

Deanne said...

Geez, you saw a lot of critters. We have a lot of bunnies in our neighborhood. They don't have to worry about the Cooper hawks so much as for the autos. 3 more days of school left!

Search This Blog

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers