It's not JUST about what I had for breakfast...

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Garbage Day Tuesday

So, the cable (TV) conks out Sunday. I do all sorts of stuff, connect the cable directly to the TV instead of the vcr, nothing works.

So Monday I call the cable company. After wandering around their stupid (to me!) phone system, I finally get a live operator. She asks some rather personal information, but, what the hey. She transfer me to repair (Which is what I called in the first place!) where they try to trouble shoot it. So finally they agree to send someone out. And I don't want to disparage the live operators, they were very nice and helpful. So, we schedule for today, in the afternoon. No problemo.

The cable guy called before he came, asked me if the cable was still out.

I said "Yes." Without checking.

Because it was out all Monday. I swear. You see where this is going?

So, he says he's on the way, and I tell him to hurray, as there is actually a parking space out front. He knows the street, so he knows what I'm talking about.

I decide to turn on the television.

It works perfectly.

Possibly even better than before.

When the cable guy shows up, I'm out there, I apologize for being dumb. He's very nice.

I feel stupid.

A little stupid, not a whole lot.

I've felt stupider.

No comments:

Search This Blog

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers