It's not JUST about what I had for breakfast...

Thursday, August 30, 2007

Butts

Last night, as I was brushing my teeth, I smelled smoke.

Burning smoke!

I figured a cig was burning in an ashtray, so I checked the living room.

Nope.

I noticed the window fan was blowing the smell in, so I checked outside.

Bingo!

The lady next door was outside too, and it turned out the plantings in front of her apartment were smoldering.

From a cigarette.

A carelessly tossed burning butt from the people upstairs, who sit on their porch and smoke.

I've noticed butts on the grounds before, I wasn't sure where they were coming from, I WAS sure where they WERE NOT coming from. Me, or mine.

I ran to get my hose from the backyard, but by the time I got it out and screwed on, next door lady had her hose going, and the fire was out.

Today's Music was:

An interview with Robert Plant, and an interview with that Aerosmith guy, Steven Tyler, with another Aerosmith guy, whose not quite as well know, at least to me (Joe Perry, I think. How rude of me! I), on Fresh Air on KPBS radio. Music from each group was played.

1 comment:

Deanne said...

Not as famous...oy. If I was going to mention anyone out of Aerosmith, it would be Joe Perry. He was and I emphasize "was" a cutie until he straightened his hair! No comment about the "Butts". I don't think people should be smoking in the first place, let alone tossing their butts about!

Search This Blog

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers