It's not JUST about what I had for breakfast...

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Lucky Man

My wife listens to country music, when she isn't listening to talk radio.

I've heard "Lucky Man", by Montgomery Gentry, TWICE in the last hour!
It's not a bad song, but TWICE? In an hour?

This proves country radio stations suck as much as rock stations do.

--------------

One of our remote controls suffered an unfortunate "accident" a couple months ago and stopped working. I finally got around to dragging it out to the workbench. Opened it up...the batteries were in backwards.

I decided to test the batteries, so I drugged out the multimeter I got at Harbor Freight. Of course, the Chinese battery that came with it was daid, so I stole the nine volter out of the Ten Tec Fox Hunt Tranmitter I built, stuck it, now I could measure stuff.

I got near 3 volts, 2.9 to be "exact", so that was not bad. I tried to test for voltage on the IR diode, but no joy. Couldn't hold the test leads, the batteries, AND push a button at the same time. Need three more arms!

Anyway, brought it in the house, and what do you know, it works!

--------------------

Glued some more tiny parts on the boxcar. So far, so good.

No comments:

Search This Blog

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers