It's not JUST about what I had for breakfast...

Sunday, June 24, 2007

Workin' On A Boxcar

Some pics of my latest project: A boxcar!

Boxcar2007June24 004

I selected this boxcar because "The Family Lines System" reminded me of some covered hoppers I saw in Alabama a couple months ago.

Boxcar2007June24 003

The red plastic is where the Tenax cement ate away the pre-painted, uh, paint. I didn't realize the couplers were already colored rust till I saw this photo, I was going to paint them!

Boxcar2007June24 006

Tiny little parts! I thought I could handle them, because I built a Ambroid 1 of 5000 wood "craftsman" kit, back in the day. IT turned out well. Wish I still had it! It was the yellow outside braced reefer. I also had the vinegar tank car that my grandfather constructed.

Boxcar2007June24 007

A blurrier image, with thumb for size comparison.

1 comment:

Deanne said...

Could those pieces be any smaller?

Search This Blog

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers