It's not JUST about what I had for breakfast...

Sunday, May 13, 2007

Mother's Day

I was lazing in bed all morning, reading Worlds Of Maybe, edited by Robert Silverberg, and listening to Harry Shearer's Le Show on KCRW. Harry was talking about Paris Hilton, and mentioned Elliot Mintz several times. After several times hearing Elliot Mintz, I said to myself, "Mintz? Elliot Mintz?? ELLIOT MINTZ??!!?" Hey, I remember Elliot Mintz! I used to listen to him on late-night radio back in the early seventies, in the desert, the radio coming over the ether from far-away L.A.. I remember him calling John Lennon on the telephone, and getting Yoko, who said John was asleep right now, did Elliot want her to wake him up? It was so cool, Elliot was so cool. And now he is associated with Paris Hilton? No wonder I never focused on that, I tend to just tune every thing related to her, just right out!!!

You'll remember what I've said before about her, if I had her money, I do something really grand, like build the world's biggest model railroad. Or something.

External Links, as they say, for your edification:

Elliot Mintz Wikipedia article

"Travels Of Elliot Mintz", an entry in From The Desert To The Sea blog

Harry Shearer Le Show

No comments:

Search This Blog

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers