It's not JUST about what I had for breakfast...

Thursday, April 05, 2007

Working On The Railroad

Been working on the train station all afternoon.

2007April05trainstationRESIZED 002
There are three more pics at zooomr, and they're BIG! Well, BIGish...
Just click the image...


That roof is printed paper, it looks pretty good. It certainly is easier than trying to weather the old Sydam corrogated metal roofing!

I got a little heavy-handed with the epoxy and used it to glue the windows in. Bad idea, too much epoxy. The excess oozed out and so the window glass doens't sit quite flat in some of the windows.

I still can't get more variation in the stone color. When I hit the structure with a blast of Flat Clear to seal the colors it kind of blended together... I'm going to try to touch up some of the rocks with an acrylic wash.

I still have the smokestack and lights to attach.

I'm not even sure what I'm going to DO with this station, I've alreay got one! I guess I'll have to start another layout..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"I've been working on the railroad, all the live long day..."
You did an awesome job! Can't wait to show Jacob!

D.

Search This Blog

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers