It's not JUST about what I had for breakfast...

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

A Rose By Any Other...

OK, inquiring minds have asked about the flower press.

We will get to that.

First of all, I must admit that, due to my incompetence, I was only able to press one flower, my lapel rose. All the other roses spoiled. My fault. I accept total blame in this matter.

Please remember you can clicky on the images to zip to my zooomr page and view the images in larger sizes. The last two images are especially better, bigger.

Here's the press, all its flower-crushing glory:

2007April03FlowerPressRESIZED 001

The wingnuts hold the whole thing together nicely, with tension being infinitely adjustable.


Let us observe the various layers inside:

2007April03FlowerPressRESIZED 002

Plywood for crushing flatness, cardboard for cushioning, blotting paper to soak up the juices.


Let's open it up:

2007April03FlowerPressRESIZED 003

It certainly is flat!


Let us take a closer look at the crushed flower:

2007April03FlowerPressRESIZED 005

Yes, I would said it is totally crushed flat!


Here is an interesting shot using that flash setting I always use by misteak:

2007April03FlowerPressRESIZED 011

Psychedelica!!

And here is pretty much what we end up with:

2007April03FlowerPressRESIZED 012

Not too bad, I'm thinking! I've heard roses are hard to press. I believe it!

Now I need a shadow box to mount it in, with a bit of the bride's veil.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice job with the rose. Ah--so you're making a shadow box. Can't wait to see how that comes out.

D.

Search This Blog

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers