It's not JUST about what I had for breakfast...

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Youtube and old people

There has been a guy who calls himself geriatric1927 on youtube for the last two weeks. He has been posting videos every other day, reminiscing about his life. He has had quite a following with tens of thousands, maybe HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS, views. There are fan websites and internet news articles about him. There is even a wikipedia article about him. He gets thousands of comments from viewers expressing their, well, love, for him! I think he is great, too, and eagerly wait for his next video (he is taking a break, for now.)

Many of the people, and they seem to be the younger ones, wish their grandparents were like him. Or even that they had grandparents that they knew.

I just wanted to say, there are wonderful people all over the place out there. I would suggest they talk to the people they see on the street, or volunteer at a hospital or rest home. Our seniors have lived a lot of life and they have great experiences and stories to tell. There are a lot of lonely people out there that would like someone to talk to, I bet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for submitting your rant on Tuesday. Like what you wrote about geriatric1927 and about spending time to get to know our older population. I think many are forgotten and taken for granted. I wish that my grandpa(and this also goes towards my other set of grandparents) was still alive so I could ask him more about his life.

D.

Search This Blog

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers