It's not JUST about what I had for breakfast...

Saturday, August 26, 2006

Did you have a good summer?

That's what people ask me.

Did I? Well, if the criteria was, did I accomplish anything, let us look at the list:

THINGS I PLANNED TO ACCOMLISH THIS SUMMER

  • Learn Javascript. Nope, didn't happen.
  • Learn MySQL. Nope. I DID get it installed, though.
  • Ride bicycle. Yeh, I rode about half as much as I wanted, and achieved some minor goals.
  • Wash vehicle. Nope. I did buy washing fluid. Need a mitt.
  • Get mulch. Didn't happen.
  • Get summer job. Ha, ha, on THAT one!
  • Stop smoking. Off and on, but not stopped. Don't tell the kids.
  • Visit Deety and Linh. Nope.
  • Gardening. Well, I DID chop that darn root out of the ground!
  • Tour de France. I spent most of July watching the race. That's what July is for!
  • Oil change. I got the oil changed in the vehicle. Second oil change in less than 2,000 miles, FYI.
  • Work on railroad. I got the hoist finished and rebuilt the background panel.

THINGS I ACCOMPLISHED THIS SUMMER WITHOUT WANTING TOO (Huh?)

  • Blogging. I did a bit of blogging.
  • Youtube. I made several silly (as in lame, not humorous) little movies.
  • Reading. I read a bunch of books.

So I leave it up to you, did I have a good summer?


Saw this on the Warrior Librarian site.

Don't say you don't have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Pasteur, Michaelangelo, Mother Theresa, Leonardo da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson, and Albert Einstein.

--Life's Little Instruction Book, compiled by H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good quote! I dunno. Seems like you had an ok summer. Wish you would have accomplished your "Stop Smoking" goal though.I figure summer is a time to just relax, go with the flow. Sometimes I think we get caught up in trying to do so much in a small period of time that we don't get to enjoy things. Know what I mean? On that note, someone wants to eat, again!

D.

Anonymous said...

Geez - anytime spent reading Warrior Librarian is time well spent! You should also check out the Warrior Librarian's original quotes: see http://www.warriorlibrarian.com/ROFL/quoteme.html

Signed, in a digital fashion,
The Warrior Librarian
(No relation. Sort of.)

Search This Blog

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers