It's not JUST about what I had for breakfast...

Saturday, August 26, 2006

Down by the old mill stream

I heard someone sing this song on television this morning, and it made think of the Hardy Boys mystery books. Then later on during "Wait Wait Don't Tell Me" it occurred to me (why then?) that all those adventures couldn't have happened.

There just wasn't enough time.

All the books take place during high school. There are 58 eight books in the original series. I figure each mystery averaged three weeks to solve, what with trips to Puerto Rico, Mexico, Alaska, Blythe, and who know where else! That comes to 164 weeks, I figure.

That doesn't leave a lot of time for school.

Either that or those boys never slept!

And it's no wonder their relationships with Callie and Iola fared so poorly, the boys were always off on another adventure!

Freighters! I forgot the frieghter trip! I loved that one, I always wanted to go on a freighter after that!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Know the song but never read any of the Hardy Boy Mystery books. I may have checked one out when I was in elementary school but never read one. That goes the same for Nancy Drew. Didn't watch either of the TV series either but if I had my pick--it would be Shaun Cassidy over Parker Stevens any day.

D.

Search This Blog

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers