It's not JUST about what I had for breakfast...

Sunday, October 07, 2012

Of Giant Water Bugs and Hiking In Santee

Giant white La Jolla Water Bugs are invading the bathroom at work!  Here, I have one of the students herding it for me!




And here is what happens to said bugs, when a manly-man responds to the girlish squeals of horror when they encounter any sort of multi-legged critter!



Today, I went geocaching in the hills of beautiful Santee.  Picked up ten, or maybe it was eight (it was eleven found, two not found). I forget.  I have circled my vehicle  parked below, for your convenience.



Best cache of the day was this cactus cache.  Did I get stuck? Why, yes, a little bit!



The weather was warm and sunny, with a breeze.  Having failed to put sunblock on, I believe my hands may be turning red later on.  My wonderful Tilly Hat protected my face, and I wore TWO long-sleeved shirts to ward of the sun's rays from my rather white arms.

I walked very nearly three miles, accord to Google Pedometer.  It seemed much longer!


No comments:

Search This Blog

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers