It's not JUST about what I had for breakfast...

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Out To MTRP

Got up early and drove out to Tierrasanta so as to look for geocaches that evil people had placed after I cleaned the area out the last time.  Thanks a lot, guys!

I put new batteries in the GPSr before leaving.  When I got to the trails I found I kept getting a low battery warning.  I cursed whoever put old batteries back in the box.  Fortunately, the batteries  managed to last the whole trip. Later, when I got back to the vehicle,  I found another battery box in the backpack with the word "NEW" on it.  I am chagrined.

Saw this rattle snake in the bush.



I disturbed this Cooper's Hawk that was in a bush. It flew over to the fence and gave me the evil eye.



 While examining the bush (wrong bush, as it turned out) for the cache I noticed this dead rabbit in there.  I guess the poor birdie was trying to eat its breakfast!  Sorry, birdie!



Eight caches found for the morning!

1 comment:

Matthew Fedder said...

Awesome photo of a hawk, that camera's still proving its worth after all these years...

Search This Blog

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers