It's not JUST about what I had for breakfast...

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Clearing Out

I had one more geocache to find north of the 52, plus one just south of the 52, so I headed out early this Sunday morning to make the find.  First I had to decide whether to walk or ride the bike.  I decided the bike, although MUCH faster, was too much hassle.  So I walked it.

I left the vehicle at 6:34 and arrived at the first cache at 7:30.  I saw quite a number, I thought, of runners and cyclists out this morning.  Even some bird watchers!  After finding the cache I headed back south.

I got to the "Grasslands Intersection", as I call it, at 8:07, turned right and headed west. I saw an enormous black bird, probably a crow, that sat on it's fence post and stared right back at me.

I got to the second cache at 8:40.  I decided to head on south-ish down Oak Canyon, since I was already IN Oak Canyon, and I didn't want to go back up the enormous hill I had just came down.  Oak Canyon is a fairly pretty place.  Lots of rocks and cozy little trails.  I'd love to see it with some water flowing.

I got back to the vehicle at 9:36, for a total travel time of 3 hours (and change).  The distance walked was 7.6 miles, for an average of 2.5 miles per hour.  Which seems rather slow, to me, but there you are.


No comments:

Search This Blog

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers