It's not JUST about what I had for breakfast...

Monday, July 23, 2012

North Of Mast

I headed out this morning, in the truck (Not the bike, TT!!), to pick up a cache that someone thoughtfully placed out in the middle of nowhere, where I've been before. How rude!

As you can see, it was a bit overcast to start out, but it cleared up after a couple of hours.

Looking south towards Cowles Mountain.



Looking south-east towards El Cajon.  Them rocks down thar are very popular with rock climbers.  And idiot party-people, to judge by the graffiti.



Why did I choose this route?  I gotta go UP that road, then DOWN the ridge to the left!  Came back cross-country, to the saddle down there at the bottom of the hill.  Very few stickers, thank goodness!



Humping it up the hill, about three-quarters of the way up.  Had to stop a couple of three times to let the ol' heart slow down!



What kind of ants are these, Matt?



Got a two-for-one at this cache.  One hanging, upper right, one on the ground, buried under leaves. Emailed the cache owner so he can deal with it.



To sum up, three caches found, 2.4 miles walked (Is that ALL?)

I am now at 1,499 caches found.  Not a lot, compared to many, but not bad, either!

My Cache-Found-Every-Day-Of-The-Year (non-sequentially) Goal has kinda gone bust. June I cleared, but not July.  I'll try to knock off a few days each month, and NEXT YEAR, for sure, I'll fill in the calendar.

Oh, and a confidential question to the white van on the freeway with the bashed-in side cargo door--Did you get that from not signalling when you change lanes/merge?

1 comment:

Matthew Fedder said...

Those look like Fire Ants to me!

Search This Blog

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers