It's not JUST about what I had for breakfast...

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Well, I drove to work again today, with a very good reason, that is, I just HAD to find a geocache today, because I am on the journey to have found a cache for every day of the year. Starting last week...

Anyway, I looked for two caches today, and found one.

Took this picture yesterday. It's not the Bat-Signal, it the Hello Kitty Signal!



Today I was trying to trouble-shoot an eMac that had the CD tray refusing to stay closed.  I did a little search on the web and found a number of non-helpful suggestions. Plus one that said to look for something stuck in there.  Well, I didn't see anything.

So  I hauled the whole mess out to the circulation desk where I could fool with it while I did Library work, like checking out books, you know.  I popped the fascia off the drive, hoping I could pull the drive out. Nope, can't get there from there.  I notice that odd wire with the brass thingie (green arrow). What the heck is that? 



I then stuck a magnetized screwdriver in the drive  and pulled out a paper clip!  Those wacky kids.  And in reviewing the pic above, I noticed said paper clip (pink arrow). Now the tray stays SHUT!



THINGS I HAVE LEARNED IN THE LAST COUPLE OF WEEKS

Matt showed me how to bash a Window into the side of the desktop to make it go half-screen size. Very handy!

I discovered that the View Desktop switcher is now on the far right of the, what do you call it, the Program Tray?

I learned that you can grab a Window and shake it to make the other Windows minimize, shake it again to make them come back. Also handy!

I'm starting to lose my peevishness with Windows 7!

No comments:

Search This Blog

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers