It's not JUST about what I had for breakfast...

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Another Sunday In MTRP

I got the news, oh boy, that Waypoint #3 of the accursed Star geocache had been fixed, so I headed out there this Sunday morning.

I first found one cache that had popped up in the last few months, then heading down to the river crossing.  I had HOPED that the river was down enough to cross, and I saw MANY people heading up the road across the canyon, but I found that the river was flowing over the walkway, so I had to take my shoes and socks off to make the crossing, as I do not like squelching footsies.  A couple of ducks were taking advantage the pools to paddle around a bit, but of course they stopped as soon as I got my camera out.



No, those big rocks on the left are not close enough together to rock-hop. One gets to tread on the slightly submerged ones straight ahead!  It's like real hiking!

I dried my feet with a couple of socks that someone left on a rock, and made my way up the long, and rather steep, dirt road to a make the find at that cache the appeared on Leap Day.  Then I went down into the valley to find Waypoint #3.  Which I did, rather handily.

Well, now it was time to go back to the vehicle and head over to Waypoint #4.  Which I did, but I didn't find it.  Maybe next time!

No comments:

Search This Blog

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers