It's not JUST about what I had for breakfast...

Monday, November 28, 2011

Walking To Work Monday

I was in a mood this morning, or rather yesterday, or even most of last week, so I decided to walk to work today. It was around seven miles round-trip, and took about and hour and a quarter each way.

A city that outdistances man's walking powers is a trap for man.
Arnold J. Toynbee 

I wore my watch, the one with the compass.  You will recall, I am sure, the travails of putting a new battery in it.  (Time passes) Or maybe not, as I now see I didn't blog about it! Well, to sum it up, I have two of these watches, one with a compass. The non-compass one is really easy to change the battery, the compass one is REALLY REALLY hard!



On the way home I found this hobby blade handle. Compare the quality with my Excel and X-ACTO blade holders.



That X-ACTO holder on the bottom is one of a set I inherited from my dear grandfather.

Here is a closerup. Compare the knurling on the grips. And what's that blue stuff? Plastic!



Well, that is about it for today!

No comments:

Search This Blog

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers