It's not JUST about what I had for breakfast...

Friday, June 24, 2011

Friday On The Mountain

In a fit of pique I headed off to Cowles Mountain this afternoon to get me some geocaches.

The plan was to walk UP the road from the Barker Way entrance, then hang a right DOWN the Big Rock trail, go about half-way down, then hang a left on a very small trail and go west.

I turned on the GPSr. It said the first cache was quite a ways off, so I kept walking and walking and walking, over hill and dale.  Up and down. Finally I got near the first cache, but noticed a REALLY BIG hill up ahead. I KNEW the LAST cache was on that hill, and there was no way there were three two more caches twixt here and there.  Checked the GPSr a little more carefully, found I had neglected to enter the co-ordinates for three of the caches, and I had walked right past two of them!  Oh, well, at least I had them on my printed list. Well, I had TWO of them on the list, but not the one on that BIG HILL up there. That means I'll have to do the whole thing over again to get  it!  Yikes!

Here's a picture of where that last cache is. Up on that hill. Somewhere.

2011June24 geocaching 001

Hey, remember you can click on the picture to visit the zooomr site, see the image larger, and ofttimes I geotag the image so you can see where it was taken. How nifty is that?

So, I made the find on the second-to-last cache, then turned around and headed back UP the trail. Took another picture, of the peak of Cowles Mountain, since I've never seen it from quite this angle before.

2011June24 geocaching 004

Since I HAD printed coordinates (is there supposed to be a hyphen in there? I can't decide) the first two, now the last two, caches, I found them with no problems.

And so I walked back UP the Big Rock trail, and back DOWN the road, and went home.

Here's a picture of the cat in the bird bath. Ain't gonna catch no birds THAT way!

2011June23 cat

No comments:

Search This Blog

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers