It's not JUST about what I had for breakfast...

Sunday, March 07, 2010

Rainy

Yes, it is raining again. One would not think this was a desert!

Chollas Lake was open yesterday, before the deluge started. I did not find two caches I've looked for before, but I DID find two that I haven't looked for before. I saw some interesting relics while scrambling around in the bushes (and cactus!). What is the morale (and legal) issues involved in scarfing them up? Oh well, maybe I will just go back with my camera and take pictures. And a trash bag, too. Cache in, trash out!

I went out to Santee this morning, in the light rain. First thing, I stopped at Grossmont College for yet another look at THAT cache, my current nemesis. I had a thought, from the logs, that it was near a bench. Well, there IS no bench. So much, etc.

I parked in the Mast Park lot and wandered around. I found three caches, didn't find one, and was not able to get to two more because the river was up a bit. Maybe during the summer!

I tried to get a picture of the ducks at the ol' swimmin' hole. Where did they go?

2010March07 swimmin hole 003

Bought a new tire for the bike yesterday. Bought brake pads for the bike Thursday. Have not installed anything, though. Balanced the checkbook yesterday. What an adventure that was! Between me not entering massive transactions, someone putting an incorrect amount in the register (after altering the check, so the carbon was wrong!), and the bank CHARGING me for an inactive loan account, there was quite a lot of drama going on. But, I reigned triumphant!

1 comment:

Deanne said...

Where did those ducks go? Did you test out the rope swing there? We had to buy a new tire & brake pads for the lad a couple of weeks ago. He and his friend have been tearing up the sidewalks lately. I get the pleasure of balancing the checkbook & doing bills on Friday. Woo hoo. Have a good one.

Search This Blog

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers