It's not JUST about what I had for breakfast...

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The Last Week, So Far...

It's been a driving week.

Last Saturday we went to the Antelope Valley California Poppy Reserve State Natural Reserve. It was REALLY windy. I'd like to live there, I fancy, but that wind just might be a bit much.

2010March27 Poppy Fields 002

There were not quite the zillions of poppy that there were last time, but then that was praised as the best year ever. Still, mighty purty!

We stopped at the visitor's center and learned some interesting stuff. And used the facilities.

2010March27 Poppy Fields 006

We headed for home via San Francisquito Canyon. We stopped by the power plant for some geocaches, and because it's cool.

2010March27 Power Plant  010

Did I mention the geocaches? We found eight out of nine caches on the trip.

I SO want to climb this scary trail up the hill beside the power plant!

2010March27 Power Plant  008

On the way home I saw a mispelled freeway sign, and a car that might belong to a relation.

2010March27 License Plate 013

Yesterday, I went geocaching in Santee, but I've complained about THAT elsewhere.

Today, I had a fabulous trip around the Sweetwater Lake County Park. I saw jackrabbits, a road runner, horses, and three lizards. But no snakes, I am happy to report!

Piles and piles of flowers growing, thanks to the recent rains, and Spring!

Bridge One:

2010March30 Sweetwater 002

Bridge Two: Not all that safe for people, either!

2010March30 Sweetwater 004

Bridge Three: Breakaway! What ever will they think of next?

2010March30 Sweetwater 006

I have lost my knot! I had a white knot, just like that red one! If you see a knot on the loose somewhere, let me know! Oh, yeah, that's Sweetwater Reservoir back there.

2010March30 Sweetwater 009

As usual, more and sometimes BIGGER images on the zooomr page, just click an image to get there. Or HERE!

1 comment:

Deanne said...

Looks like you had a nice adventure. Surprised no pics of the animals, though. Nice to see pics of the "kids".

Search This Blog

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers