It's not JUST about what I had for breakfast...

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Railroad Stuff & Cats

If I am to spike the rail on the trestle, for maximum realism, I need to put about a zillion spikes in. It really looks much better with the spikes.

It's a four step process.

  1. Drill hole for spike, to avoid splitting the tie.
  2. Trim spike so it doesn't stick out the bottom of the tie.
  3. Dip spike in white glue.
  4. Stick spike in hole, hopefully facing the correct way!
I made a little jig for cutting the spikes to a suitable length.

Aerial view:
2008October19 Trestlec 003

Bird's eye view:
2008October19 Trestle 002

I stick them in the jig, cut a number of spikes at once (sort of). Saves a bit of time. I STILL can't see the darn things very well, though! Maybe I should switch to O gauge. Or On3 On30, because while it's a larger scale, it uses HO gauged track. Of course all the buildings would be the wrong scale, not to mention the spacing between parallel tracks would be, shall we say, TOO CLOSE!

Cat Stuff

This is Spunky.
















This is Spivy.

Spivy is missing most of his tail.

No comments:

Search This Blog

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers