It's not JUST about what I had for breakfast...

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Mixed Media

On Weekend America this morning there an interesting segment about a prop shop in Santa Monica. They made reference to a "huge, double-pole, triple-throw knife switch". With my limited and obsolete knowledge of things electrical I tried to figure how a triple-throw knife switch would work. I decided what they meant was a triple-pole, double-throw knife switch. Like on those monster movies. And indeed, that is what the pics on the site show. And the first commenter comments, too.


Over at the Reader, reader Rico Gardner comments in a letter in the Oct. 1, 2008 issue ("We’re Cornball Rednecks"). I feel a lesser person for even responding, but I wonder why he even stays in San Diego if it is so awful here. I think he would be much happier in the wonderful cosmopolitan New York. There's no racism there, the weather is never sweltering, and I'm sure he will find many wonderful restaurants without burritos. I personally never go downtown, do not frequent restaurants, rarely go to the beach, never pay much attention to sports, and hardly EVER drink beer. Give me a library, a model railroad store, and an internet connection and I'm happy. But that's just me.

No comments:

Search This Blog

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers