It's not JUST about what I had for breakfast...

Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Falling Down

Two more sunflowers, the last two, I think, in the front yard, have been uprooted.

It's GOT to be a cat.

Meanwhile, in the back yard...

I started most of the sunflowers in peat pots. I didn't "plant" the pots properly, so many of the sunflowers are falling over.

2008June04Misc 006

A fairly useless photo showing the base of the plant, but not illuminating the peat pot!

2008June04Misc 007

That's not really soil, it's about two inches of little leaves. Very loose! Next year--USE SOIL!

I tied it to the stake with twice. I have a BIG ball of twine!

2008June04Misc 008

The green line...

2008June04Misc 010

The fairly lame compost bin is in the background. I REALLY should get rid of that white junk in the fence, it looks AWFUL!

Later!

1 comment:

Deanne said...

Bummer about the sunflowers. Jacob is actually growing one right now. I need to support it too. It's small right now but I'm afraid it'll fall over. I'm also afraid to plant it out back because whenever I plant something--the bugs eat all the leaves! I thought they might be snails--no. Can never catch any of them in the act!

Search This Blog

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers