It's not JUST about what I had for breakfast...

Sunday, May 04, 2008

Stuff

I was looking for something in the garage yesterday, but I never found it, because I got BURIED in piles of stuff.

I have so MUCH crap in the garage, it is unbelievable!

Here is some of it:
  • Slides from an Adelanto motocross in 1974.
  • Slides from U.S. Gran Prix motocross at Carlsbad.
  • Gerber Mark II with decomposing sheath snap. Yeah, it's GREEN!
  • Program listings from computer class, circa 1981. COBOL, BASIC, etc...
  • LM frequency meter tag. Hey, this boat anchor is for sale, BTW!
  • Tecate To Ensenada medal I found.
  • Father's Day cards, both to AND from.
  • Business Card-size cards with obnoxious sayings on them.
  • Library fine book from Pershing Jr. High School, circa 1965!
  • VIC-20 programming and mod articles.
  • Apple ][ programming and mod articles.
  • Novice Roundup log.
  • WAMO log.
  • QSL card from a guy Phillip and I met back in 1965.
  • And LOTS of other junk!
  • Manual for Ringo Ranger
  • Baby picture of Kimberly.
And I"m not saying this is VALUELESS stuff, but it's not what I'm looking for. I'm looking for a piece of paper with the serial number of the FMH transceiver that disappeared a decade and a half ago, so I could post a "Wanted Poster" here. Just on the off-chance...

But what I WANTED to say was, I found an article that struck a chord with me back in the day. But THAT'S not important.

What's interesting is, I Googled the author, found his books (out of print) and a couple articles written by him, and that's about all. No bio, no web page.

On the other hand, I Googled his children's names, and came up with his ex-wife's class reunion page, in which we find all SORTS of information about her and them, including her picture, and their birthdates.

You probably want to know who the author is.

I'm not telling you.

Ain't the intarnets wonderful?

1 comment:

Deanne said...

Fine.

Search This Blog

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers