It's not JUST about what I had for breakfast...

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Hook Up

Using the fabulous OptiVISOR (and a soldering iron!) I managed to FINALLY solder the wires on the USB extension cable I'm making for to be able to plug in flash drives that won't seat properly because of their fat housings.

2008May28USB 001

I certainly can't brag about the soldering job, but when I did the smoke test..no smoke! The computer recognized and read my flash drive, and the LED lit up!

I PROBABLY should have checked the cable for shorts using a multimeter, but, you only live twice!

Now I have to get some RTV to insulate and hold it together, wrap the shreds of copper shielding around it from the original connector, and, well, that's it.

No comments:

Search This Blog

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers