It's not JUST about what I had for breakfast...

Sunday, April 06, 2008

Proofreading

One would think a Professional Business would do a better job of proofing their communiqués. It's not like they are writing some crummy blog, they are In Business!

Let us examine this letter:

2008APRIL06 011

  • What is up with the date? No spaces, two commas? But look, they did it again the second time! At least they get points for consistency!
  • Hey, that margin is a little raggedly! Line it up!
  • Why is the "v" in "vehicles" capitalized? I would have capitalized the "p" in "property", too.
  • I stuck in a couple of commas I thought would be appropriate, but I COULD be wrong.
  • I forgot to underline the "am" after the time. It's an abbreviation. There are supposed to be periods. Two of them. At least it wasn't capitalized, as I would have mistakenly done!
  • I believe "Allresidents" should be TWO words.
  • The capitalization of the initial letter in each word of the closing line seems a bit much.
  • "In Advanced"?
  • While I edited out the address of the residents and the name of the company, I did NOT edit out the name and signature of the sender. There wasn't any...


A DISCLAIMER, SORT OF: I feel I can cast a few stones here, as the misteaks I make in my business communications are rarely as glaringly obvious as these!

No comments:

Search This Blog

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers