It's not JUST about what I had for breakfast...

Saturday, April 05, 2008

Of Spring Weeds and Missing Trees

I was making a snarky comment about dandelions, and I was asked, "Just what IS a weed?"

Dandelions In Bloom

Well, I looked it up, and the intarwebs consensus seems to be, a weed is a plant growing where it isn't wanted. Well, I've got dandelions in the lawn, I don't much care for THAT, but I guess in this bed of iceplanty things, it's just another flower.

The wife was out and about the other day. When she came home, she mentioned that the big tree was gone. I wasn't paying attention, as I was battle ling creeps on Desktop Tower Defense. When I went off to work the next morning I saw what she was talking about. The big tree IS gone!

End Of The Road 2

Where WAS the Big Tree? Take a gander at this High-Quality Google Maps Street View of the area in question.

End Of The Road 1

Nice lens flare! Hey look, you can see the same camper parked in the same place!

That tree was so big and beautiful. It's too bad they decided to cut it down. But how come I didn't notice it the day they did it?

No comments:

Search This Blog

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers