It's not JUST about what I had for breakfast...

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Dining Out

CAUTION, THIS POST IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE AS MY COMPANIONS CORRECT MY INDCREDIBLY HIDEOUS MEMORY!!

So, where did we eat on the trip? Let us see:

Thursday
T.G.I Fridays in the Dallas/Fort Worth airport -- I had a Caesar salad, and we shared an order of potato skins. Very good!
Taqueria Valencia in Pelham -- I had a "Quesadilla Chica", which for some reason I thought meant "Chicken Quesadilla", so when the guy asked me what kind of meat I wanted I kept saying "Chica", so I'm sure he thought I was California Wierd!
Friday
Moe's Southwest Grill in Alabaster -- I enjoyed a Sherman Klump quesadilla. Very messy! A fun place, check out their website.
Cracker Barrel in Calera -- After the wedding rehersal we all went here for a late dinner. I've heard about this restaurant, but never been here, as they don't have any locations in California. I ordered a Half Pound Bacon Cheeseburger, low-carb style, with a side of sweet whole baby carrots. Afterwards we decided to have separate checks, so it took longer to pay than to eat, almost! The cashier was overjoyed, I'm sure, as she had to call for assistance to figure out the bills.
Saturday
I had a granola bar for brunch. Yikes!
At the wedding reception we had a marinated meat that was really good, with some homemade salsa. Really good stuff! I also had a piece of wedding cake.
Sunday
Ruby Tuesday in Pelham -- We were too late for the breakfast menu, so I had a Smokehouse Burger with cheese, bacon and barbeque sauce. Pretty good stuff.
Ted's Montana Grill on the Riverchase Galleria perimeter road in Hoover-- We wandered around the town trying to find a place we all could live with, and ended up here. I'm glad we did! Our server, Krystal, was very attentive and the manager checked several times to see how we were doing. The food was really good, and the price was very reasonable, I thought, and I'm pretty cheap! We were offered a free appetizer, pickled cucumber. It was very tasty. I had my usual diet cola to drink, and ordered a New Mexico Chicken Grill with a side of onion rings.
Monday
Waffle House in Pelham -- I had an omelet, hash browns, and grits. The omelet was not as good as here, but the hash browns and grits were pretty good.
Villa Fresh Italian Kitchen in the Atlanta airport
I had a slice of pizza. It was big and bready, not bad for airport pizza!
Delta Airlines snacks -- I had some cheese and crackers, shortbread cookies, and trail mix, washed down with Diet Coke. I don't want to think about my glucose level!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cool hogs. Enjoyed reading where and what you ate during your trip. Had me LOL with the "Chica". I keep hearing about Cracker Barrel. My friend in Texas ate at Cracker Barrel for their first time while on their trip (they drove) to AZ. Reading about all that food is making me hungry.
D.

Search This Blog

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers