It's not JUST about what I had for breakfast...

Friday, March 03, 2006

Oh my aching...

Went for a colonoscopy last Tuesday, what I call a "Katie"...

I was pretty nervous, even though I had been through it before. It wasn't as bad as I had worked it up in my mind, even though the "cleaning out" process is fairly ucky. Last time they found something, this time it was OK. I'm still waiting for full functioning of the plumbing, but there are signs it's going to work.

So Tuesday night I'm sitting around, and I feel a lump under my shirt on my arm. I check it out, it's the bandage covering where the put in the I.V., I guess it's called. So I take it off, but I'm thinking, that's funny, I don't remember actually getting dressed after the ceremony, as it were.

So we call my son, who had the honor of driving me that day. I told him I didn't remember getting dressed, he said "Really?" I said, "Yeah, I really don't. I remember someone telling me you had my keys, and I remember getting in the wheelchair and going out to the car, and I even remeber very hazily some of the procedure, but I don't remember getting dressed." He say's "Well, I help you get dressed." "Well," says I, "that's embaressing!"

So that's my funny memory of that day!

Now it's your turn!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why the name "Katie"? Drugs are interesting aren't they. My friend had some tests, I believe an Upper GI and an endoscopy, and the medication they gave her made her loopy. She didn't remember much at all and she too had her son drive her home that day. He told her she sang in the elevator on the way to the parking lot. They were not alone in the elevator. The Medical Director who we worked with was riding with them.

Hmm--no funny memory to report from Friday, Saturday or Sunday. I'm sure I have some tucked away in my brain but I'm tired and need to get some sleep.

The Squeaky Cyclist said...

The "Katie" refers to Katie Couric, who had on on television, I believe.

Four years later, in 2008, my son does not remember taking me there, and INSISTS I mis-remember this, and he did not take me. Huh!

Search This Blog

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers