It's not JUST about what I had for breakfast...

Monday, March 13, 2006

I was looking in the garage Sunday and found an old bottle of Torco Fork Oil, and an old plastic squeeze container labled "The Dirt Rider". That old squeeze container brought back some memories. As I recall, you ordered from Carl Shipman (The Dirt Rider) and you got the container and a bag of molybdenum that you mixed with oil to get chain lube. Those were the days! I've still got the spark plug air pump, the handlebar bag, and somewhere a copy of The Boonie Book (the thin white one, not the HP publication.)

There should be a shrine to Mr. Shipman.

I was shown this article in American Libraries today, about a Pennsylvania school librarian who was fired for selling discarded magaines on the internet with permission. And then combining the profits with his own money to buy computers for the school. Fired High School Librarian’s Legal Record Cleared

No comments:

Search This Blog

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers