It's not JUST about what I had for breakfast...

Saturday, November 03, 2012

  Saw an opportunity to get a First To Find geocaching today, so I went for it.  Here's the log I wrote:

Well, how many times can one give up on one cache? I parked at the end of Lake Murray Blvd. and walked down the dirt road to the little bridge, and so up the hill. Having looked at the aerial, I knew it was right on the trail. Didn't bother to put the coordinates into the GPSr. Fired it up at the top of the hill and watched the satellite coordinates progress. Closer and closer. Oh, wait, I'm getting farther away! Which way is north, anyway? I'm sure the trail will turn back. Oh, no, there's a sign, Big Rock Trail. I know THAT is way too far! Turn around, put the coordinates in the GPSr, and follow the arrow. Now it's pointing down the hillside! Is there a trail? No, there is not! Keep walking, I'm getting FARTHER away. Keep looking for a trail. Maybe the coordinates are wrong? Or maybe I've written them down wrong? I've done it before! Keep walking... I think I'm giving up, I must have mussed it. Oh, wait, what's that over there? Looks like a trail. But how to get to it? Keep walking. Well, I can't find it, I'm going home. Keep walking... Oh, THAT looks like it's doable. And it goes in right direction! Yippee, I'm on the right track! Get to the GZ. Of course I can't spot it. Look up and down the trail, do not see nothing. Sit down, eat a granola bar, drink some water. Look some more. Oh, there it is, right on the money!  
Here's a view towards the east from the cache area.



Well, if the goal was to catch my eye, I guess it did.



Bought a new car today.  At Albertsons. Probably the closet I'll ever get to owning one.  Don't I have a Lotus Super Seven model kit out in the workshop?  I ought to build that some day!



That about all I have for today!

No comments:

Search This Blog

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers