It's not JUST about what I had for breakfast...

Saturday, September 29, 2012

The other day I saw what looked like a nifty car under cover, so I snapped a shot on the way back (from geocaching, of course...).  Hmmmmm, I may need to wash the windows...



So what car is that?  I suspect it is a Lotus. And I suspect I've posted a picture of it before.

So today, Saturday, I headed over to a puzzle cache I solved (well, I had help!) and stopped off at Crystal Cave, a mine we used to bike to in my distant youth.  Looks like the place has been terraformed, there used to be a dirt road to the mine opening.  It's that bare spot of there, those rocks in the foreground are where the "water falls" are.



This is about all I saw of a mine opening.  We used to able to go inside, although I never went very far.  I'm not sure flashlights had been invented then, at any rate I never seemed to have one.  I was talking to a couple at the falls, he said that many years ago he and his friends would go WAY in there, till they were up to their necks in water.  Yikes!



Here's another opening.  Lots of quartz-bearing rocks around.



This piece had lots of quartz in it, but the pic doesn't really show it.  Is that gold in there?



Back at the trail head, this is the end of Lake Murray Blvd., surely the widest dead-end street in the known universe!

1 comment:

Matthew Fedder said...

"Back at the trail head, this is the end of Lake Murray Blvd., surely the widest dead-end street in the known universe!"

There are dozens of these around San Diego. Everywhere you see one is somewhere that a planner had intended for a road to continue through to somewhere else - but said road was blocked by the park lobbies. Notice the other end of where Jackson Drive was meant to continue into Tierrasanta, or Regents Road was meant to cross Rose Canyon, or Santo Road was meant to connect between Tierrasanta to Friar's Road, or Camino Ruiz was meant to reach the 56, or Calle Cristobal was meant to connect to Mercy Road, or Governor Drive was supposed to connect to Gilman Drive… There are a lot of these missing connections, and I think if they had gone through, San Diego would have been a much easier place to travel through. And I'm not convinced those roads would have had a particularly negative impact on the areas they cross, at least if done right.

Search This Blog

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers