It's not JUST about what I had for breakfast...

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Sunday Power Caching

I intended to bicycle a part of Eastlake where a one-hundred cache power trail was set up this new year, but instead I decided to walk it.  Biking and stopping and biking and stopping is SUCH a pain.  So I made my way over to terra incognita (I've never been in this part of town), parked, and started looking for caches.  Well, caching is caching, you don't wanna hear about that!

On the way to the third cache,   I noticed my wallet was not in my back pocket!  So, I backtracked to the last two caches to see if I dropped it.  No, not there.  I noticed a bicyclist stopped up the road. He continued on his way past me, I turned around to watch him and he stopped at the cache spot!  I approached him and said I was timing him to see if it took longer for him to find it than I.  We laughed and introduced ourselves.  We walked to the second cache, as I had not found it. We both looked and he eventually spotted it.  He continued to walk his bike and we both looked for the rest of the caches on my list, as he was looking for most of them too!  Great minds and all that!

After about four hours we came to where he had started, so he took off and I finished the route I had planned out.  Then I drove over to another spot and found another cache.  Saw this sad shoe hanging in a tree.  I don't think it is "my son John", though.



Then I drove over to another spot and looked for three more caches.

The cache in this spot was strewn all over the muddy ground. I put it back together and hid it in a likely place.  I'm guessing the landscapers found and vandalized it.  What other explanation could there be?




So the cache count today is thirty-four, a new one-day record (for me)!  Total caches found in my entire geocaching career is 1,340.  But, it's not about the numbers!  One of the top cachers in San Diego is a couple with over 25,000 caches found, if you can believe it!

2 comments:

boodles said...

So did you ever find your wallet?

vintage car restoration said...

Such an adventurous day!

Search This Blog

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers