It's not JUST about what I had for breakfast...

Monday, February 21, 2011

Sunny Day In Lakeside

I went geocaching in Lakeside this morning. It was a bit chilly, but warmed up after a while.

I looked for twelve point five caches, and found seven. I managed to make my thousandth find (w00t!!) on Chuy! Has Lots Of Friends, an easy find but a scary moment, involving a GIANT SPIDER!!

This was supposed to be in a rusty pipe. A TALL rusty pipe. Nothing around the rim, though. I took a picture holding the camera over my head, down the pipe. I think I see it down there! How far down do you suppose it is?

2011February21 geocaching 003b

Nearby I saw a couple of snakes, which was only proper since the cache was named for a boa called "Rosie" that someone let loose in the area.

2011February21 geocaching 002

Yes, they are plastic, you silly!

I was looking for one cache that I neglected to bring the coordinates for, as it was reported missing. I looked anyway, since I was there. I THOUGHT I spotted it up on a gatepost, but I was wrong.

2011February21 geocaching 004

So I've added it to my Watch list.

I utilized a shortcut through a forbidden area to get to one cache. I was encouraged by several dog walkers to do so. They said "Everyone does it. Tell 'em we said it was ok." I found the cache, but a guy in a truck pulled in before I could retrieve it to sign the log. He didn't look like he was going anywhere soon, so I came back in the the truck when I finished the rest (NOT using the shortcut, this time!) and signed the log.

That's about it for today!

No comments:

Search This Blog

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers