It's not JUST about what I had for breakfast...

Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Down To The CVS & Back

I stopped by the CVS Pharmacy to pick up some batteries for the bike computers (and the chicken!). Of course, they only had one that I needed. I shall have to visit Radio Shack, I guess!

Saw this cute little mini-truck low-riderish. Looks real nice, but the turn signals don't seem to be working...

2011February1 truck 002

Hmmm, I seem to be low on gas. Hey, is that Zumwalt's over there? I haven't visited them in a while! No time today, though.

You gotta know how I feel about lane-splitting motorcyclists. On the highway in slow rush-hour traffic, it might be ok. Heck, I did it a few times myself, back in the day. But the ones that creep around cars at a stop light to get to the head of the line, that just seems asinine and rude.

This guy, on his manly-sounding v-twin, slipped around the cars waiting for the light at Montezuma and El Cajon Blvd.

2011February1 motorcyclist 001

Here we are at 73rd and El Cajon Blvd., as he paddles his way forward.

2011February1 motorcyclist 002

Same light, he has eased his way ahead of the car in front of me.

2011February1 motorcyclist 003

Now we are at Parks and El Cajon Blvd. He sure is shaving the precious seconds off his driving time!

2011February1 motorcyclist 004

Finally, at La Mesa Blvd. and El Cajon Blvd, he has sidled his way past the waiting cars and broken free of traffic. Free at last!

2011February1 motorcyclist 005

What's a "coonie"? Sounds faintly salacious. I don't THINK I've got one.

In fifteen-odd blocks he has managed to get five car-lengths ahead of me. Wow, I am SO impressed! And how many drivers has he alienated? Surely it wasn't just ME!

Hey, I'm an equal opportunity ranter, a bicyclist did the same dumb'n'rude stunt on Lake Murray Blvd. today. He held up five cars crossing the bridge over the 8 when he could have stayed behind me and held up no one. I would have.

I think I'll bicycle to work tomorrow and see if I can irk someone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nicely documented!

That El Cajon Blvd. looks good since they took out the power lines!

Search This Blog

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers