It's not JUST about what I had for breakfast...

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Of THIS, And Of THAT

I took three hours of vacation time today.

This is how I spent it:

2010October13 vacation time

What else has been going on?

Meh, I rode the bike to work today.


MILDLY AMUSING (AND SHORT!) TALES FROM WORK

Becca came in the other day to fax. She forgot the fax number she was calling, so she asked me to look it up on the interweb. I did so, then she found it on the paper she was sending. She said, "I am the big funny woman!" I said, "Becca, I think you are thinking in Spanish again!"


A rather short sixth-grader came up to me and announced how much he liked this school because of all the girls here. I said, "Oookaaaayy." He said, "Yah, my old school didn't have nuthin'!" The eighth-grade girls sitting nearby were quite amused.


A couple of retired teachers (subs) were sitting around the library discussing my notorious crankiness and other amusing anecdotes, at my expense. But one said that I am beloved.

I went to a workshop yesterday and was treated to a video of how not to act as a library staffer. Oddly, it was pretty much me! I said, "But that's what I do, I do CRANKY! And, I am beloved!" The presenter said, "(insert my name here), you are a special case."

That's all I got.

No comments:

Search This Blog

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers