It's not JUST about what I had for breakfast...

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Sunny Saturday

Well, mostly.

I did not ride the bike today as the street were too damp for me. But I did see lots of other folks out there.

I went to the grocery store today. Back by the eggs they had a display of misc. junk they wanted to get rid of, on sale. I picked up a plastic hot dog in a bun. I felt a little embarrassed to be seen with it. I looked at the older-than-me African-American lady standing next to me. She was holding a plastic hot dog in a bun, too! We looked at each other, and she burst out laughing. We quickly put the plastic hot dogs in buns back, and went our separate ways.

After doing many chores around the homestead, I decided to reward myself my going geocaching. I found the one that the boy and I missed on the Big Climb up Mt. Kwaay Paay. Then I drove over to the Old Grove trail and picked up the little booger I missed there. After finally finding success there, I drove over to Dailard park to find a new one, "Menschen essen Kakteen ", new to me, anyway. I didn't get "stuck" there, so I headed over to the library. I found they had closed fifteen minutes before. Ok, says I, let us look for the geocache here. I looked and looked, but all I found was a broken georock (not unlike this one.). I don't know if that counts or not. I decided to take a picture of it for the cache owner, so I scramble back up the rocks to get the camera. As I was about to start down the hill some guy pulled into the parking lot below and starting working on his car! I took a picture of a tree to throw him off the trail,

2010January23 at the library 002

then I said "What the hey" and went back down the hill, took the picture of the broken rock, and talked parking lot car repair with the guy for a while. He didn't even ask what the heck I was doing.

2010January23 at the library 003

So then I went over to the OTHER library and checked out a book.

1 comment:

Deanne said...

I'm surprised you didn't take a pic of the plastic hot dog in a bun! I emailed Marian the other day. She sounds pretty good. Told me about her experiences with back surgery & the like. Diane might be heading for back surgery too as she was diagnosed with spinal stenosis. She hasn't been doing any physical therapy and I believe only one epidural injection. She bent on just having the surgery. She thinks it'll be a quick recovery since her sister had the surgery years ago. The shape Diane is in I'm afraid it isn't going to be that easy for her but as usual, she isn't listening. What can you do. Time to wake up the lad to get ready for school.

Search This Blog

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers