It's not JUST about what I had for breakfast...

Thursday, January 29, 2009

The Big Trip -- Day Three

Comfort Inns--A Comparison

Hanford
Refrigerator
Train Tracks
Complimentary Cookies
Eggs AND Sausages
Waffle Maker
Tub
Sink In The Bathroom (Where It Belongs!)
Seaside
No Refrigerator
No Train Tracks
No Cookies!
Hard Boiled Eggs
Scary Toilet!! (High Pressure Flush!!!!)
Shower
Lovely Scenery
Waffle Maker
Sink In The Bedroom

2009Jan Motel 096 2009Jan Motel 097

Both locations were nice, really, and the staff were very nice.

Some places we didn't visit--

2009Jan22 Places

Maybe next time!

Heading south on Highway 1 we found there was a bit a road repair going on. We had to wait for a bit for our turn on the one open lane. Several people got out to enjoy the view. I stayed inside and complained. And then we had to WAIT for them to get back into their vehicles when we got the green flag, as it were! The NERVE!

2009Jan Stuck I 098

Traffic was very slow in Santa Barbara, too, but the sky was sure purty!

2009Jan Stuck II 115

It was very clear and we could see the Channel Islands out to sea, and the oil wells, too.

2009Jan Sunset 116

There were a lot more oil wells when I was a kid. Not so attractive. Seems a shame that some people want to build more.

This is pretty much the last entry in the saga. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

I'd like to thank my son for enabling this trip, driving, and putting up with me.

LATER: Oh, how could I forget my daughter and her help!! If not for her, I would not have been able to go AT ALL! Period! Zip City! ¡¡¡Nada!!! But she was able to help, she volunteered, and it all happened!

Thanks, kids!

No comments:

Search This Blog

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers