It's not JUST about what I had for breakfast...

Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thanksgiving Day

I'm reading Making Money, by Terry Pratchett, today. I've been looking up words that I didn't know. Eleven words so far, and I'm not even half way through the book! I had the most trouble with beccles, but I finally found the source. Most fun word? Fornication.

Haven't gone out much this week, except to fetch cigs for the old lady. Have read a number of books, though.

I was taught that we were to put two spaces after at the end of a sentence, after a period or such. The Modern Language Association says one is the standard, but there is nothing wrong about two. Nice to know.

We are supposed to be giving thanks today, but I have trouble thinking of stuff to be thankful for.

Let me see...
  1. I don't seem to have cancer at the moment, or any NEW diseases.
  2. My kids are happy and well.
  3. I have a nice vehicle to drive.
  4. I have a job.
  5. I have a place to live.
  6. I'm not blind yet, oh wait, that goes with #1, eh?
  7. I don't live in the 2nd or 3rd world.

Well, I guess I was able to think of some stuff.

Merry Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Search This Blog

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers