It's not JUST about what I had for breakfast...

Monday, November 05, 2007

Hey, Mac!

Having located the OS X CDs hiding in an obscure file drawer I was able to get around the little problem of a couple eMacs that had an administrator password that no one seemed to remember.

I learned two things:
  1. How to make the Mac boot from a CD.
  2. How to make the Mac bootup in OS X.
I am so proud of myself!

When the repair guy came today to take a away an eMac that freezes all the time, I was able to show him #2, of which he was not aware. Also, knowing #2, I was able to show him (having looked it up on a Windows machine!) how to find out the serial number, which the little darlings had removed from the CD-tray.

I am so double-proud of myself!

No comments:

Search This Blog

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers