It's not JUST about what I had for breakfast...

Friday, April 27, 2018

Trekking the marsh

We went to Torrey Pines State Natural Preserve today, and walked the little-known (to me!) Marsh Trail, from Sorrento Valley to Torrey Pines Road.  And back again.  It's pretty flat, but I was still tired at the end.  Good thing I wasn't driving!

Be sure to click on the thumbnails to see the full-size images.  Unless you are on dial-up!

Here are some of the things we saw!

The Coaster heading north!



It must be high tide!  I don't know what that device with the antenna does.  Water levels?  You can see the highway bridge towards the center, and the Torrey Pines Extension to the far right.



A deer skeleton.



Three pictures of a Harlequin bug.on a Bladder Pod bush.







I took some pictures of bumblebees, but the bees were not visible.  It is a mystery to me, too!

Here we have a crab.



And here we have the crab being crabby.  Actually, this picture was taken before the previous one.  I guess he calmed down.



This is looking up towards a high point of Torrey Pine Road.  I thought the rock formations were interesting.



And here we got a panorama taken near the end of the trail.  A little further and we turned around to head on back.


The full-size image file is around 11 megs

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Search This Blog

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers