It's not JUST about what I had for breakfast...

Monday, August 06, 2012

Out And About

Had to run over to the postal place and to the library today. Also needed a geocache for the day. So, I combined the trips. Maybe I should have biked, but it's just too dang hot!! The two geocaches I went out for were on Cowles Mountain. One was a puzzle cache that I had solved, the other was a magnetic nano that was fairly easy to find, but difficult for fat fingers to sign the log!

View from the puzzle cache, looking sort of east. There's the big "rusty" water tower with the clouds on top!


View from the puzzle cache looking sort of south-east.  There is Mt. Helix! And over there, that's where I work!


The trail. We are looking up towards where the "G" used to be.  I can't believe Phillip and I hiked up that in the dark so we could camp out at the peak!



The temperature was in the very low 90s when I was there, but there was a little breeze, so it was OK.

The trail is very nice, but it is not on the official trail map. There are trail signs and a doggy doo station, and there are no closed signs.  It begins right behind and travels along and above a residential fence line, I wonder how the people in their pools feel about that?

Here's a stupid YouTube video I ran across.  Helicopter Smashes In San Diego Cowles Mountain

Yesterday I figured out what the geocaching term CLF stands for:  Chain Link Fence

The End
 

No comments:

Search This Blog

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers