It's not JUST about what I had for breakfast...

Saturday, June 16, 2012

This Week


  Managed to drive myself out to Alpine for the end-of-year staff party. Several people commented on THAT! Just missed this MASSIVE traffic jam-up on the 8. There was a horrendous traffic accident around there on Monday, but I don't know what was going on, on Wednesday. Maybe they were still investigating.



Had a good time at the party. Steve the M., like stud, BIKED to the party from San Diego! Observed quite a few hummingbirds. It's Hummingbird Madness!



  We had a bunch of computer guys repairing the LOGO computers that have been used and abused the last year. They had pizza for lunch, but left one piece, which I found in the trash this morning. Hey, I would have eaten that!




  Today, Saturday, I went on a little geocaching expedition around La Mesa, taking a little tour of historic spots noted in a multi-cache. Unfortunately, the physical cache, with the all-important logbook, at the final waypoint, was missing. While I was searching for it a woman came up and told me it was missing, and where it was. I thanked her, but forgot to introduce myself. Fortunately I had provided myself with a back-up cache to find, you know, for my fill-in-the-calendar-with-finds quest. So I headed a few blocks over and made the find. When I got home I discovered that the woman I spoke to was the cache owner for my back-up cache!

  While waiting for the VERY long light at Spring and University I saw a truck with a Yagi antenna mounted on the top, through the roof. It was twisting back and forth. T-hunters! I gave them a thumb's up, which amused them greatly. Here's a link to a nice little video explaining T-hunting.

That is about it for today. Happy caching!
 

No comments:

Search This Blog

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers