It's not JUST about what I had for breakfast...

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Quite The Tuesday

I talked my son into going geocaching with me in Mission Trail Regional Park. I printed out all the cache information, plus a map. I neglected to share with him just where it was we were going, or all the tips I've learned in the past two weeks. Like, were long pants if you might go off the trail. Blood will be spilled!

I brought my cool camo hat, a bottle of water, and an Albertson's Granola Bar.

I should have put on some sun block.

The goal was to climb Kwaay Paay Peak. It was pointed out to me, as we stared up the rather steep trail, that it looked nearly as tall as Cowles Mountain. The trial is 2.2 miles long, round trip, and it's around nine hundred feet in elevation gain.

You don't have to get very far along the trail before you get a view.

Look over into Santee and the 52 freeway.
2009December29 geocaching 001

Up near the peak you can look right over the side. Way down there is Mission Gorge Road. We could look down on hawks circling, but naturally they disappeared when I pulled my camera out!
2009December29 geocaching 004

Hey, we are the same elevation as that helicopter!
2009December29 geocaching 002

The view is fairly spectacular at the peak. To the west, a rain cloud formed and dropped a few rain drops, then cleared away. Point Loma is WAY over there! This lady was in a geocache. Who is she?
2009December29 geocaching 005

We found a geocache that had been badly muggled.
2009December29 geocaching 009

We picked up the pieces and re-hid it. I'm pointing right at it, you should be able to find it EASILY!
2009December29 geocaching 011

Going down was easier, except for the slipping and the sliding.

We were passed both ways by young women running, old guys running, a guy carrying a child on his shoulders (who was leaving a trail of goldfish) , and several dogs. It was quite amazing.

I'm glad it was a cool day, I wouldn't have made it during a summer scorcher!

We found eight caches. It might have been nine, but I forgot to bring the coordinates for one of them!

No comments:

Search This Blog

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers