It's not JUST about what I had for breakfast...

Saturday, September 05, 2009

Saturday Ramble

I headed out this afternoon in the three o'clock sun to pick up a couple of Geocaches. I entered the coordinates for one of them at home, learning how to enter the data. There was a bit of blue language in the process.

I found that one just fine.

I walked down Spring Street through downtown, seeing interesting sights.

Saw this old piece of sidewalk.

2009September04 Walkabout 001

Saw a new piece of sidewalk that was made to match the old sidewalk around it.

The next cache was at Collier Park. There was a fellow in handcuffs over there with the police. Talk about muggles!

2009September04 Walkabout 002

I had a drink of water at the drinking fountain near the old and historic spring house.

Then I entered the Geocache data and found I was three hundred feet away. Walked three hundred feet and found it. The clue was one letter, and it helped.

At Henry's Farmers Market I observed a fellow (in an SUV, naturally) who would rather make a u-turn across Spring St. than go the extra ten feet to through the back driveway to the market.



I would have gone around the block. I'm just that kind of person.

I thought this manhole cover was interesting. I found two little mentions of a Barth Foundry in San Diego on the web. And one of THEM was a dead link.

2009September04 Walkabout 004

Thunderheads in the east! No wonder it is a bit muggy! And warm!

2009September04 Walkabout 005

Happy Labour Day!

No comments:

Search This Blog

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers